Sunday, October 7, 2007

Still running, and running and running ...

Last Saturday I ran 12 miles - can you believe it?!?! I was nervous the week leading up to the run, but once we took off I felt good, strong and up for the challenge. The only problem was that I was familiar with the route, so I knew how much further we had to go. I prefer ignorance ... it makes the runs (mentally) easier! This week we only had a six mile run with our magic mile in the middle. The magic mile is a timed mile that allows our leaders to place us in the appropriate pace group. I did well - very well. Below are my three magic mile times:

August 4 - 9:20
August 25 - 8:57 (23 second improvement)
October 6 - 8:25 (32 second improvement)

Not to bad for a wanna-be runner, is it. This Saturday we will be running 14 miles ... wish me luck, I may need it!

No comments: